Re: Mantis 1034 DVB-S Scanning Problem

Manu Abraham schreef:
Michel Verbraak wrote:

I spoke to soon. During the test run all was fine, just one satellite
which locked up the machine yesterday. But running my full test it did
lock the machine.
The following happens just before the lockup: My windows still can get
focus and be moved around but keyboard input is not shown or visible
after about 30 seconds the mouse cursor freezes and the machine is
completely locked up. Only a hard reset or power down will help.

I have seen this before in the past few days during the testing of a
program i'm writing and debugging which will control the dvb-s card.
Sometimes after a lot of channel changing I got the same result: lock up
of the machine. I first put the blame on my programming but with all
this I think it is the driver.

Hmm.. that sounds like concurrent register access. I have added some
locking while doing register access in the mantis tree. Please do check
whether the patch fixes the issue

Manu

Currently no lock up anymore. Will continue testing.

Michel.