(snip)

>>> Using the same code and doing "sudo modprobe em28xx i2c_scan=1" I get
>>> the  exact same result as Chris using firmware V3 or V4.  tvtime  just
>>> hangs and mplayer  reports "v4l2: select timeout".
>>> Let me know if there is something you need done, tested, etc.
>>>
>>> Erik
>>>

>> Can you send me the output after loading the em28xx with reg_debug=2?
>>
>> modprobe em28xx reg_debug=2
>>
>> (try to open a Tv application, close it and send me what it shows up
>> in dmesg)
>>
>> thanks,
>> Markus
>>
> I ran mplayer long enough to report four select timeouts.
> Log  attached.
>
> Thanks,
> Erik

Excellent. Using the latest
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~mrechberger/v4l-dvb-kernel (e49a1bde8c5a) video
and tuning work perfect.
No audio initially. em28xx-audio is not automatically loaded. When
loaded manually I had to run usbaudio_setup.sh after running tvtime.

we have a different firmware to get audio work, I'll put it online
during the next hours...
for good audio quality you will still have to wait until I'm back in
Austria for christmas where I have all my equipment for testing.
(unless someone else gets around to fix the quality earlier)

Markus