Re: CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 02:13:11PM +0000, Andrew Lyon wrote:

>> I'll take my CAM and the smartcard to the dealer I bought the stuff at
>> and see if he can test.

> Have you checked if the cam menu has a setting to set your STB serial
> number? With my cam (t.rex) I had to enter the box serial number
> before I could decrypt certain channels.
> gnutv has a option to enter cam menu, there might be other interesting
> options in there too, I dont use that as I have a CAS Interface which
> has a pcmcia slot and can host a cam, as well as being able to update
> its firmware using a fake smartcard.

I had never heard of the CAM menu before.

This is what I get from gnutv -cammenu

CAM Menu string: Cryptoworks
------------------------------
Cryptoworks

0. Quit menu
1. Gesteckte Smartkarte wird nicht unterstützt !
2. ATR: 3F FF 95 00 FF 91 81 71 FE 47 00 44 4E
Drücken Sie OK
Enter option: 0

(Translates to: Smartcard not supported)

That might well be my problem ;)

So it's possible that the dealer sold me a non-working CAM ...

--
sven