Re: CI Module w/ Terratec DVB-C

On Friday 24 November 2006 11:10, Sven Lankes wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 24, 2006 at 08:07:21AM +0000, Andrew de Quincey wrote:
> >>  1) Terratec Cinergy 1200 - DVB-C Card
> >>  2) KNC1 Cineview CI-Adapter
> >>  3) Mascom / Cryptoworks CA-Module
> >> I have also tried mythtv and kaffeine - both allow me to watch FTA but
> >> fail on pay-channels.
> >
> > Does it fail if you just use 'gnutv' to do the tuning+streaming as well?
>
> Yep - the same. Gnutv-output looks like this:
>
> root@myth:/usr/src/dvb-apps/util/gnutv# ./gnutv -out file out.mpg "Sat.1
> Comedy" Using frontend "Philips TDA10021 DVB-C", type DVB-C
> status SCVYL | signal 7b7b | snr f4f4 | ber 00195000 | unc ffffffff |
> FE_HAS_LOCK CAM supports the following ca system ids:
>   0x0d22
>   0x4a20
>   0x0d00
>   0x0d03
>   0x0d05
>   0x0d0c
> Received new PMT - sending to CAM...
> CAM Application type: 01
> CAM Application manufacturer: 4a20
> CAM Manufacturer code: 4a20
> CAM Menu string: Cryptoworks
>
> I have uploaded the resulting file (1.6 mb) to
> http://killefiz.de/tmp/sat1comedy.mpg if that helps.

According to dvbsnoop, the stream is still scrambled.

One of the big problems with CAMs is the EN50221 spec is braindead because
theres no 100% reliable way to query a CAM if it is really able to decrypt a
channel; all you can do is tell it to do it, send the PMT at it, and see if
the data comes out decrypted ok. If it doesn't, you get no feedback at all as
to why not.

There is obviously a ca_system_id match between the channel and the CAM, but
that doesn't necessarily mean the cam can decrypt it: the subscription might
not contain that channel.

Is this CAM with the same subscription card able to decrypt that channel
anywhere else? I know gnutv/zap are able to command other cams to decrypt
channels, so most likely its a subscription problem, but it could still be a
weird bug in the code.