Re: AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar drivers ?

El dom, 08-10-2006 a las 12:45 +0200, Id2ndR escribió:
> id.2ndr a écrit :
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > I've bought an AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar usb stick because
> > it's "linux compatible"
> > <http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_dvbtvolar.asp>.
> >
> > Unfortunatly, I wasn't able to use it because no driver was
> > loaded on Ubuntu 6.06.
> >
> > [..]
> This is now wrong : AVerMedia release a driver for debian based
> distribution, which incluse some precompiled module AND source code for
> other kernel releases :).
>
> So know I thing everybody will be able to use this DVB-T receiver on linux.
>
> I haven't check the license yet, so I don't know if source code can be
> integrated in linux or not.

  Of course it is non-free (and closed source), and it does not compile
in Linux 2.6.18.

  I am eager to see this device supported by free drivers. Right now it
is recognized and firmware is loaded, but no frontend is attached yet.

  Cheers,
--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@xxxxxxxxxx