Re: How to position a USALS/DiseqC 1.2 motor in linux

Michel Verbraak wrote:
I have a simple question but could not find the right answer yet on the net.

How to move the motor/rotor from the command line?
I have a DiseqC 1.2/USALS/ Goto X compatible motor for my satellite dish. In Windows I can control the motor without a problem.
Now I'm trying to move it with in linux and do not know how.
I know you can select the DiseqC switch in dvbscan with the -s option but how to move the dish to the right satellite I do not know.
Any help would be appreciated.

Michel, there is a program called xdipo that should do it for you. More info here: http://panteltje.com/panteltje/satellite/

It runs under X but I believe you can also run it from the command line. It requires xforms to install it.

Hope this helps,
Garnet