Re: How to position a USALS/DiseqC 1.2 motor in linux

Michel Verbraak wrote:
> I have a simple question but could not find the right answer yet on the
> net.
>
> How to move the motor/rotor from the command line?
> I have a DiseqC 1.2/USALS/ Goto X compatible motor for my satellite
> dish. In Windows I can control the motor without a problem.
> Now I'm trying to move it with in linux and do not know how.
> I know you can select the DiseqC switch in dvbscan with the -s option
> but how to move the dish to the right satellite I do not know.
> Any help would be appreciated.

Currently we have a library for SEC operations, but we don't have a
command line app for rotor control. The only apps that currently support
rotors are VDR and MythTV.

It wouldn't be too hard to use the SEC lib in dvb-apps to make a small
application.

Manu