Re: Pinnacle 310i DVB-T, please try this patch

Hi,

KevinLuX wrote:
Hartmut Hackmann ha scritto:

Hi, all

First: thanks for testing.

To sum up:
Things seem to work, right?
Just some comments:
- It should not be necessary to set card and tuner type manually.
- If no dvb devices are created, the reason most probably is that
  the saa7134-dvb module is not loaded. This still needs to be done
  separately.
- This card needs the external firmware.
- If you don't have an internal sound cable, you will need to load
  the saa7134-oss or the saa7134-alsa module and route the sound
  in user space as described in the wiki. This does *not* hold for
  dvb-t.
- The digital sound processing uses a sample rate of 32kHz, that's
  right.
- The card might have a sensitivity issue. The reason is that there
  is an external RF amplifier on the board which is not handled by
  the driver yet.

Can i check the patch in?

Best regards
   Hartmut

Yes, for me it's all okay!
But i think is better include support for Remote.
In analog mode, kernel dump show input from remote, but in dvb mode no.
I think that if is possible it's better include code part that manage remote from saa7134 also
in saa7134-dvb.
Cheers.

Hm, it would be very difficult for me to do more than basic remote
support. I don't have the card, so i can't even determine the codes.
The remote support should be independent of DVB and analog mode,
but Pinnacle once had a remote chip that conflicted with the
channel decoder.

Hartmut