Re: Re: Supported radio card universal or PCI-X interface

Robin Hill wrote:
On Mon Oct 02, 2006 at 12:20:34PM +0200, Emilio Castellano wrote:

Hiya,

I've just try two cards with radio support. Hauppage WinTV primioFM and Terratec 600, but none of this have universal or PCI-X interface,

Does anybody know a board with this specs. covered?

Aren't they using standard PCI interfaces?  In which case they should be
forward compatible with PCI-X (unless they're 5V cards I guess).  I very
much doubt you'll get a PCI-X interface radio card - the only reason for
choosing PCI-X over PCI is the improved bandwidth.

Or did you mean PCI-e rather than PCI-X?  And what do you mean by
universal?  I can't imagine any internal interface that could be
described as "universal".
One of the projects I'm working on use HP servers with a backplane
composed only with PCI-X slots, but many of the boards with radio
support working on linux right now use old 5V connection.. (just one
division at the external side of the botton).
David was right, as universal I refer to those cards supporting multiple
voltages (5V and 3.3V). These ones could be plugged in a PCI-X slot and
they work the same way a normal PCI does.

Pinnacle 110i, Pinnacle Hybrid Pro, and also Hauppage HVR1300 has this
kind of universal slot type, but I tried all of them and I didn't
success (to  the moment) to make work the radio.

That's the reason I'd like to find out if there's a universal radio card
 (only radio or multifunction) that works ok.

Regards,

--

Emilio Castellano