Re: Problems getting signal with TwinhanDTV Alpha USB DVB-T stick

Andrew Worsley wrote:
>   Hi I have just brought this recently and thought everything was going well
> but I get absolutely no data out of the thing even though it is reporting
> that it has a lock!

Hi Andrew,

Yes, this is the same symptom I had.

>    I am wondering if I have the strange new tuner as described in other mails:
>    "New VP7045 with TDA10046 instead of MT352". Love to know how I can tell.
>    Couldn't see this in the archive.

You probably do. There is nothing in the code to handle this yet, it
just assumes MT352. All I have so far is a small patch that will confirm
which chip is present. You'll need to be able to download the source,
apply the patch, rebuild and install the driver. And you'll need a newer
firmware file.

Alternatively, you can disassemble the device and pop the lid off the
'tin can' tuner and look at the chip!

I'm afraid I haven't been able to get farther towards getting it
working. (Unfamiliarity with the dvb-usb code and lack of time.)

Let me know if you want to try the patch and I'll forward the details.

Cheers,

Chris