Re: Lifeview LR306 clone does not receive ch 7. SOLVED (partly)

Peter D. wrote:
On Tuesday 19 September 2006 07:41, Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
Hi, all

Peter D. wrote:

[snip]
Changing the configuration for channel seven from "hierarchy:
NONE" to "hierarchy: AUTO" and "Guard interval: 1/8" to "Guard
interval: 1/16" allows me to get standard definition channel 7,
but not HD or the guide.  More experimentation is necessary.
No experiments necessary, see below.

I can only assume that;
A) the out-of-the-box configuration on Mandriva 2006 is wrong
B) the driver is smart enough to correct for mis-configuration
C) some interaction of the Kworld and MSI clobbers the
auto-configuration capabilities of the MSI driver.

Perhaps something somewhere discovers that auto-configuration is
already done (or does not need to be done) once and does not try
a second time?  I am just guessing here.
Aha! This is known, an improperly specified GI makes the channel
decoder unable to lock!

GI = guard interval?

I am not so sure about assumption B any more. Philip reported that a lone card can lock with (I assume) mis-configured channel data and a recent tip. I have just done a test install with a lone card, mis-configured channel data, a recent kernel, but no tip and it could not lock.

  I tried that last night and had a look. It seems that myth 0.20,
on the machine it worked on, autodetected the guard interval value
to 1/16. Whilst kaxtv and the dvb-utils scan program both used
configuration files with a 1/8 guard interval I am wondering if
somehow if I ran mythtv as the first thing to tune the channel
it somehow locked it in for that uptime.

  I've now got 7 working on the box with 2 other cards although
SBS is giving me grief. (Locks always, but sometimes times out
on working out the streams).