Re: Newbie stuggling to get freecom usb dvb-t recognised

On Saturday 02 September 2006 08:08, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I have just purchased a pair of freecom usb2.0 dvb-t tuners, with the aim
> of setting up a mythtv backend on my Debian Etch server.  As this server
> has an important role doing other jobs I don't want to disrupt it too much
> by changing to another distribution, but I can get it quite deep into
> configuring it if necessary.
> and a new device appears in /sys directory with vendor id 14aa and product
> id of 0225. This is close to, but not identical to ids listed for a freecom
> device in

Well I understand what my problem is.  The support for this id was added about
6 week ago, but the modules that come with the Debian kernel do not include
it (so presumably are older).

I am now trying to build them from the latest source from the mercurial
repository, but the best I can achieve seems to be (although it might be
working correctly, but very slowly) a never ending set of lines like this
after typing make.

Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config
Updating/Creating .config

Is this expected or am I missing something vital?

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk