Re: Re: Nova-t USB2 recognised but nothin in /dev

On 8/28/06, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Kristoffer Møllerhøj wrote:

> On 8/28/06, Patrick Boettcher <patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 28 Aug 2006, Kristoffer Møllerhøj wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a similar problem with nova-t-usb2. I am using the latest v4l-dvb
> > > source, but I think the firmware is too old, the frontend is missing in
> > > /dev/dvb/adaptor0/.
> >
> > Did you take a firmware (ending with -01) and renamed it to one with -02
> > at the end (because the driver was looking for it)?
>

> I am on work now, so I don't remember the exact name the driver was looking
> for, but it was defenitely _not_ something ending with -02. So I guess the
> driver is looking for the 'old' firmware ?

So - that means you are using and old driver, because the latest driver is
looking only for -02. And renaming the 01 to 02 is not the solution - just
in case.

Unfortunately the firmware server of Manu is down. :( The only place I
know where you can find it.

best regards,
Patrick.

Ok, thank you very much. I'll have to recompile the latest sources and wait (and pray?) for the firmware server to come up again :)
Regards,
Kristoffer.

--
  Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx