Re: Question about Frontend performance (TDA10046 + TD1316), possible IP license collision

Respected Sir's & Mam's
hi Chun,

Chun Chung Lo wrote:
Thanks for your quick reply.

As the STB is operating under linux kernel 2.4 (powerpc), so my driver
is composed by several versions of DVB-T codes:

I hope You'll contribute to this project with "Your" drivers code.

http://www.astri.org/en/company.php:
"Our goals are to build teams of excellent researchers who conduct
world-class research and create real economic impact by *transferring the intellectual properties (IPs) they develop in customer-focused ways to our industry customers, continuously and in volume.*"

For SAA7130/4 driver, I used the source codes from
http://www.linuxtv.org/download/kfir/mpex.tar.gz

For the driver of TDA10046 + TD1316, I used the codes from linux kernel
2.6.16.18.

Please remember that the code You've taken as You stated is lawfully licensed by GPL. So if You transfer derived (code or IP) works as stated above to Your customers You must follow the requirements of this license in any case or circumstance.
The GPL is protected by International Copyright Laws and Treaties.
To make it clear, You're not allowed to transfer this code or derivations into proprietary closed-source STB Firmwares, same goes for the IP of the researchers of linuxtv.org You may collect here. By contributing to an open-source project You accept the projects license automatically and lawfully.

This message (including any attachments) is for the named addressee(s)'s use only. It may contain
sensitive, confidential, private proprietary or legally privileged information intended for a
specific individual and purpose, and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient,
please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it
and notify the sender. Any use, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message and/or any
attachments is strictly prohibited.

I take that as a forced "company default mailsystems footer" and will ignore it in this case, otherwise the "consultants" here may bill Your company for the service You've already got from one of the list members here.

Please have a word with Your CEO's about Your authorization to contribute to the linuxtv.org project, in doubt, thx. We surely welcome contributions of excellent researchers, but only at our terms.

Regards,
T.Schorpp