Re: Twinhan Cab/CI 2031: always need to tune twice

Really hard to say, I'm unable to test the practicality of the drivers for another week because I just won't be near that PC, all I can do is zap and dvbstream and then download the video. First shot I took with zap today didn't go very well, but after a reboot(removing and loading the modules caused an oops...?) I got video(though the first 20 seconds were skipped by totem) from two different channels from two different frequencies. So I suppose first try unless zap retries automatically if the first tune failed. Normally I use Mythtv and it only has a graphcal configuration(or editing sql manually) and forwarding it over my internet connection doesn't seem to work, it's a pain even in a LAN. But from a time in January, when all my channels were free, I do remember retuning problems. At some point only one frequency had free channels and I haven't been changing frequencies until now(now that the CAM works). But when myth still had reasons for changing frequencies, it pretty much always crashed and had to be manually restarted - it then tuned to the new frequency - usually following a recording schedule. So I fear that this problem might still be present... Haven't used vlc on my linux machines, I'm basically sticking to mythtv frontends for TV - the backend with the DVB card(must get more cards now) is just a box hidden in a dark corner. If you can think of a scenario for testing from my side before next week, let me know and I'll do what I can.
Raido