Re: AVerMedia AVerTV DVB-T Volar drivers ?

Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo a écrit :
> El sáb, 29-07-2006 a las 16:05 +0200, Id2ndR escribió:
> [...]
>
>> Is DiBUSB a driver of Linux-dvb, as AverMedia say we have to use this
>> driver ?
>>
>> I've seen discution about dib3000 chip on the list. Does our product
>> also depend of the driver for this chip or need a special driver ?
>>

>  The Volar stick is using a new dibusb 7700 chipset, far different from
> the dib3000 chipset being used before. Thus, a new driver is required.

Ok. I've just seen that AVerMedia put the same info for A800 and A808
(whereas there are completly different).
<http://www.avermedia.com/docs/pdffiles/A800-README.txt>

On the product webpage
<http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/products_digitvtuner_dvbtvolar.asp?show=1>,
there is also "**Linux programming kit can be download directly form the
product page of AVerMedia website.".
I didn't found anything about that and don't know if it would help
developpers.

I've also e-mail the customer support of AverMedia and I put the answer
bellow :
> A l'heure actuelle, jee ne peux pas malheureusement pas vous fournir
> d'autres versions de linux pour ce produit à part celles qui existent
> et téléchargeables sur notre site.
>
> Je vous tiendrai au courant dès qu'une nouvelle version serait
> disponible.
>
> voici le lien:
> http://www.avermedia.com/cgi-bin/support_driverbympdpro.asp?category=TV%20USB%20Box&category2=Digital&proname=150
I can tranlsate it by :
> There isn't other drivers for this product that those on the support page.
>
> I'll tell you when a new release will be done.
So this answer is a little bit more interesting that manufacturer that
say "there is no driver for linux", but we don't know much about planned
release.

I would also have more information about this :
> On Sat, 24 Jun 2006, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>
> > El sáb, 24-06-2006 a las 01:40 +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo escribió:
> > [...]
> > >   + DibCom 7700B chip (though I only can find in their website a 7700P
> > > one)
> > >   + MT2060F chip
> > >   + EPCOS X7350P chip
> > >
> > >  So I think that this device (A808) has nothing to do with former A800
> > > device from AverMedia. As they support Linux yet I am comfident we can
> > > make it supported with a free driver as well, but I also think it is
> > > going to take longer than expeected.
> > >
> > >  I have some photos of device internals if you want to see them.
> >
> >  Here you have some photos I have took from this device:
> >
> > http://www.tribulaciones.org/~jose/Volar <http://www.tribulaciones.org/%7Ejose/Volar>
>
> Did you ask Avermedia for Linux driver support?
>
> However, if I have the time this week, I going to release the necessary
> component-driver for the DiBcom STK7700P-ref-design (which is the base for
> this design). Not 100% sure that this is _exactly_ the same design.
>
> regards,
> Patrick.
>
> --
>   Mail: patrick.boettcher@xxxxxxx
>   WWW:  http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/ <http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7Epboettch/>
Is there any news about DiBcom STK7700P ? (I didn't found anything on
the internet).

Futhermore website <http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/~pboettch/
<http://www.wi-bw.tfh-wildau.de/%7Epboettch/>> isn't up anymore :(

I also found this : <http://pvrweb.com/bbs-old/viewtopic.php?t=42126>

According to this we should wait about dibcom release.
I haven't undestand if DIBcom would make an open or closed source driver.

Hope to hear changes about linux support for DIB7700.

Best regards,