Re: AverMedia AverTV Hybrid+FM PCI (saa7134)

Pierpaolo Paolucci wrote:
Hi,

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

Immediately after loading module saa7134-dvb the tv output noise (as
espected), but after running dvbscan the analog tv is magically tuned
with good audio and video,

That's not so surprising, the same tuner is used for analog TV and DVT-T.

Then I think the dvbscanning end with a frequency actually used by a local tv.

Yes, i think so too.

with spurious input from remote ir device (actually not connected).

HU?

Perhaps nasty things are happening here.

The radio chip tea5767 must be connected to a line input of the
SAA7134. If the video input works including sound, you just need
to change the .amux entry to LINE2.

done, but I got only noise.

If you hear noise, i suspect that the signal routing is correct.
Just to exclude the other possibility: The card has a sound input
and this works with .amux=1?

With .amux=1 (TV) the card output the tv sound.
With .amux=LINE1 no output at all (S-video e composite not connected now)

In first time I didn't notice the difference because the tv also emitted noise from audio as from video.

The card should have a separate antenna input for radio. Did you connect something?

Yes, the antenna is connected. But the program seem unable to change the frequency of radio tuner.

That's a bit strange. Please set the debug option for the tuner module and
watch the kernel log.

I need to study the MT352 datasheet again. Maybe the tuner needs to be
programmed through it as it is with the tda10046.

I had a look. Things are different but it seems to be possible to program
the tuner through the MT352. But i don't think this is right.
What is the exact tuner type? is it a TD1316A?
Please have a close look at the card, ist there an analog switch IC,
like the 4052 / 4066. Normally it is in a 14 or 16 pin so dip package.
If yes, are you able to trace its wires?

Hartmut