Re: AverMedia AverTV Hybrid+FM PCI (saa7134)

Hi,

Pierpaolo Paolucci wrote:
Hi,

thanks for reply

Hartmut Hackmann wrote:is'nt that the tuner ?

First: don't worry about bad english.
I am not sure whether i fully understood you.

You mean that dvbscan finds channels (more than one ?)

Yes, it seem is working fine.

This would mean that the dvb section works. If you wish to watch
DVB i.e. you need a proper "channels.conf" file for xine. Do you
have installed one?

yes, I got it running dvbscan dvb-t/it-Bologna | tee channels.conf

Oh, good!

<snip>

Immediately after loading module saa7134-dvb the tv output noise (as
espected), but after running dvbscan the analog tv is magically tuned
with good audio and video,

That's not so surprising, the same tuner is used for analog TV and DVT-T.

with spurious input from remote ir device (actually not connected).

HU?

<snip>

The radio chip tea5767 must be connected to a line input of the
SAA7134. If the video input works including sound, you just need
to change the .amux entry to LINE2.

done, but I got only noise.

If you hear noise, i suspect that the signal routing is correct.
Just to exclude the other possibility: The card has a sound input
and this works with .amux=1?
The card should have a separate antenna input for radio. Did you connect
something?

The kernel log says if found only the radio tuner, not the tv tuner
this explains why analog tv doesn't work.
We need to find out why. Probably we need some GPIO magic.

any hints ?
what means .gpiomask ?

The gpiomask defines which of the 24 pins is output or input / tristate.

Do things change if you unload the modules and load them again?

only gpio value in this line sometime change

saa7133[0]: board init: gpio is 2f404

ok.
I need to study the MT352 datasheet again. Maybe the tuner needs to be
programmed through it as it is with the tda10046.

Best regards
   Hartmut