RE: Dvico Dual Digital Card... Problems getting USB Working

Damien,

I have upgraded to 2.6.18-rc2 kernel, both the USB and PCI initialize proper.
Yes I have downloaded the bluebird firmware.  See below.

The PCI part of the card came stright up with a 'modprobe cx88_dvb' using 2.6.18-rc2 kernel. Picture/tuning works fine with kaffeine.
Any other version of the kernel/patches I tried all failed.

Can you gie me the details of your firmware files or any other steps you did to get the USB to work. My firmware is as follows:
9025 Jan 10  2006 dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw

I have even tried a second PCI USB card as I thought it might not like the onboard ones.

Sorry I can't help to much with the PCI card. What frontend registers when you load the PCI Drivers. One thing I ad was the drivers all saying it loaded proper but not able to tune either the PCI or the USB. This was with the sources from linuxtv.org?

What revision is your card?  Its on the back of hte card?  Mines 1.4.

Mark

mythbox dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in cold state, will try to load a firmware
mythbox dvb-usb: downloading firmware from file 'dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw'
mythbox usbcore: registered new driver dvb_usb_cxusb
mythbox usb 1-2: USB disconnect, address 2
mythbox dvb-usb: generic DVB-USB module successfully deinitialized and disconnected.
mythbox usb 1-2: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
mythbox usb 1-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
mythbox dvb-usb: found a 'DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB' in warm state.
mythbox dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software demuxer.
mythbox DVB: registering new adapter (DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB).
mythbox DVB: registering frontend 1 (Zarlink ZL10353 DVB-T)...
mythbox input: IR-receiver inside an USB DVB receiver as /class/input/input2
mythbox dvb-usb: schedule remote query interval to 150 msecs.
mythbox dvb-usb: DViCO FusionHDTV DVB-T Dual USB successfully initialized and connected.

Quoting Damien Dusha <damiendusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi Mark,

I am having the opposite problem - the PCI part is failing to tune.

To ask the stupid question, have you downloaded the firmware?  There is a
script in:
/path/to/kernel/sources/Documentation/Drviers/dvb/get_dvb_firmware bluebird

I can tune the USB part, but not the PCI part.  And for that matter, even
though tzap returns a good SNR for the USB part, I still cant get a picture,
which is really frustrating.

If you can get a picture, let me know hat you did.

I am having similar problems with FC5.

Cheers
Damien.