Re: DVB-H support

Hi Nico,

> in my area I can access a dvb-h stream transmitted as a normal
> dvb-t transmission, but I'm still unable to extract any playable content
> out of it :(
> Here's how I proceeded:
> I tuned the frequencies, added a net interface with dvbnet,
> snooped the content with ethereal, identified the ipv4 multicast streams
> and tried to read each of them with mplayer and vlc (both with udp://
> and rtp://),
> but I could never read anything useful.
>
> Can someone post a detailed  guide, please?
>
> Thanks,
>     Nico

Are you certain that the transmission includes clear-to-air content?
DVB-CBMS (the service layer on top of DVB-H) allows for streaming
services to be protected via IPSec, SRTP or ISMACrypt. If all the
A/V streams in your transport stearm are encrypted, I'm afraid you're
out of luck.

Stuart

--
Dr Stuart Butterfield
Product Manager Mobile TV, Philips Software

Cross Oak Lane, Redhill, UK, RH1 5HA
Mobile: +44 7887 832886
E-mail: stuart.butterfield@xxxxxxxxxxx