Re: DVB-H support

Hi Manu,

> I would like if there is any intention of supporting the DVB-H
> technology in linux.
> As I understand the most popular (and apparently unique) DVB-H receiver
> uses the dibcom chip. Any comments on this?
IMHO you must differ between the features of DVB-H.

If you need the powersaving between the timeslices, dibcom is currently the
only one which can do this. But as you can see at www.dibcom.com sells
different chips, the 7700, the 7000P/H, the 3000... And as far as i know, the
7000H, which can do the powerdown and also the hardware-support for
timeslices currently not sold on usb-sticks, only in mobile phones.

For the 4k-mode, i think also the other dibcom chips can do this. But i don't
know any active broadcast, which use 4k-mode. And also the other demodulator
manufactors will support this in the future or already.

The other things like the MPE-FEC can also be done in the software, so this is
independet of the hardware. Furthermore, all broadcasts which are currently
running are also configured in a way that plain dvb-t devices could be used
for receiving.

Maybe this will help you a little bit.

Kind regards,

Thomas