Re: Help needed with Dvico Dual Digital HDTV PCI DVB-T + MCE Remote

>> I have the same card, and I'm trying to get it working in Fedora Core
>> 5.
>> Do I just need to compile the drivers against the kernel headers, then
>> insert some modules into an already-running kernel?  Or do I have to
>> download/prepare the kernel source in the Fedora/RPM way, then download
>>  the hg-tree and integrate it somehow into that, then use rpm to build
>> the kernel?  I'm running 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5.
>

> Support for your card is already built into 2.6.17 ... All you need is
> the bluebird firmware.

Ok.  Apols if I seem lost but I have trawled thru all the docco I can
find, without finding answers.  I downloaded the v4l tree, found the
get_dvb_firmware script, ran it, and copied the dvb-usb-bluebird-01.fw to
/lib/firmware.  Rebooted (kernel 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5), and got the
following:

kernel: Linux video capture interface: v1.00
kernel: cx88xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_alloc
kernel: cx88xx: Unknown symbol video_device_alloc
kernel: cx88xx: disagrees about version of symbol video_device_release
kernel: cx88xx: Unknown symbol video_device_release

Followed by a LOT more unknown symbol errors.  Noticed there is an updated
Fedora kernel package available, updated to that (2.6.17-1.2145_FC5),
booted it, and back to the original problem - frontend initialization
failed.

Is there a wiki or howto that outlines how all this module/firmware stuff
fits together?  I feel like I'm bothering you guys with stuff I could find
& read up about on my own, but don't really know where to look.

What am I achieving by downloading the firmware and placing it in
/lib/firmware - is this written to the card at the time the module is
loaded, or is it just a binary "helper" to allow the module to interrogate
the card somehow?

Oh, one more thing.  This is a DViCO dual digital card.  If the USB cable
wasn't attached properly, or I had other (unrelated) USB problems, would
this cause the issue I'm seeing above?

Luke