Re: Help needed with Dvico Dual Digital HDTV PCI DVB-T + MCE Remote

> On Tue, July 11, 2006 9:27 am, Michael Krufky wrote:
>
> This is what I was asking for in the first place, but don't even bother
> now -- I can see what the problem is now.  The v4l-dvb.hg tree from
> linuxtv.org will not build on your system because you are missing the
> kernel headers.  I don't know much about SuSE, so I cannot troubleshoot
> this any further, however, I am quite sure that once you get the kernel
> headers package (or the full kernel source, for that matter) and have it
> linked properly to /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build , that all should build
> correctly after that.
>
> The modules are reporting unresolved symbols when you compile Chris's
> source files because they too, are not being built against the headers of
> your running kernel.
>
> Finally, you must reboot your machine after doing, 'make install', in
> order to ensure that you're running the correct versions of each module.

I have the same card, and I'm trying to get it working in Fedora Core 5.
Do I just need to compile the drivers against the kernel headers, then
insert some modules into an already-running kernel?  Or do I have to
download/prepare the kernel source in the Fedora/RPM way, then download
the hg-tree and integrate it somehow into that, then use rpm to build the
kernel?  I'm running 2.6.17-1.2139_FC5.

I found this guide on compiling custom kernels in FC to be extremely
helpful: http://fedoranews.org/cms/node/1311

But I don't know at what step to bring the v4l-dvb tasks into the picture.
 Does someone have a link to a better HOWTO I should be reading?

Cheers,
Luke