Re: Help needed with Dvico Dual Digital HDTV PCI DVB-T + MCE Remote

Michael Krufky wrote:

> Andrew McDonald wrote:
>
>> I tried to get the mercurial source, first I had to get the
>> mercurial program source, but it will not compile, so i went to
>> Mr Pascoe's (Australia) hg tree and D/L his .bz2 copy when that
>> didn't work I tried the main v4l-dvb tree and compiled, but still
>> no luck.
>

> What problems are you having building the tree? For some
> instructions, take a look at http://linuxtv.org/repo
>
>> Whats bugging me is this, where the heck is the firmware for the
>> USB part (bluebird), because I can find it on the CD that came
>> with the card, and the fusion support site points you to Mr
>> Pascoe's for information, its like trying to play cricket but
>> without the ball!
>

> I added the bluebird firmware to the get_dvb_firmware script.
>
> Issue the following command (from the root of the source tree, -or-
> a recent kernel source tree):
>
> linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware bluebird
>
> This will download the firmware into the current directory. Then,
> just move it into /lib/firmware or /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware ,
> depending on your distro.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Michael Krufky

Hi Michael,

Here's what I did,

1. Downloaded source for mercurial so I could retrieve the most recent
tree of v4l-dvb.

2. source for mercurial would not compile even though installed all
required dependencies.

3. retrieved v4l-dvd source tree from projects <http://linuxtv.org/hg>
/ hg/v4l-dvb <http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?cmd=summary;style=gitweb>
/ tree. (bz2)

4. unpacked to home dir and renamed folder to v4l-dvb

5. entered v4l-dvb directory and executed ' make'

5a. this is the error returned :-

make -C /home/andym/Suse10.1/v4l-dvb/v4l
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/andym/Suse10.1/v4l-dvb/v4l'
No version yet.
scripts/make_makefile.pl /lib/modules/2.6.16.13-4-smp/build
Creating Makefile.media.
File not found:
/lib/modules/2.6.16.13-4-smp/build/include/linux/config.h at
./scripts/make_kconfig.pl line 27.
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `.config', needed by `.myconfig'.
Stop.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/andym/Suse10.1/v4l-dvb/v4l'
make: *** [all] Error 2

6. removed directory v4l-dvb

7. went to Mr Pascoe's hg tree and downloaded his source tree and
repeated steps 4 & 5

8. 'make' executed with no errors

9. executed 'make install', 1 error which according to documents was
safe to ignore.

10. found the firmware download scripts about ten minutes after
writing previous email :)

11. copied firmware to firmware directory for hot plug as per
instructions.

12. dmesg error about missing firmware no longer appears but all other
error about unknown symbols, and taint flags being set still there,
and still suse 10.1 says a tv card is there, but there are no tuners,
also suse's yast, complains about not being able to load certain apps
when trying.

I am currently on my 9th re-install of Suse, did re installs because I
couldnt be sure I had cleaned the install fully between attempts to
get the card working.

If needed I can send copies of dmesg with all entries except for dvb
removed ~200 lines!, same with lspci -v and lsusb -v

Any help greatly appreciated

Regards
Andy