Audio channels (was: Re: [RFC] new dvb channel format)

Maybe off topic now when we know that there is no real need to
define a new format, but I have a problem that maybe someone
have an answer to.

The Cartoon Network sent here in the Nordics includes two Audio
PIDs, one with Swedish/Danish and one with Norwegian/English.

Yes, two mono channels in one stereo PID.

My old Nokia 90xx handles this.

My Dreambox doesn't.

And the Linux applications doesn't.

Is this a rare Nordic problem or is there a solution to this?

Of course I can mute the right channel but as my old Nokia box
could handle this it should be a way to handle this in the Linux
applications as well.

-- Peter Fassberg
   Leissner Data AB
   Sweden