Re: Re: Drivers for 2.4 kernels?

Hi Daniel,

On Tue, 2006-07-04 at 17:33 +0200, Daniel García wrote:
[...]
> Luca, wich serious bugs have you detected for version 1.1.1 for kernel
> 2.4?
The problem I am seeing (I think it is a problem only for the skystar2
driver) is that if the lock is lost (because of bad signal, or because
the cable has been disconnetted) when the signal is back and the lock is
acquired again no packet comes out of the demuxer. Tuning works well
(dvbtune correctly locks the signal, and shows a good SNR), but no
packets are received. If I remove and reinsert the driver, everything
returns to work well.

The second bug is that there seems to be some kind of memory leak on
driver removal: after removing/inserting the drivers some hundred of
times, all the system memory is unusable... The only solution is a
reboot.

[...]
> Also, I'm using dvbtune to lock to EUMETCAST data trasponder, and I
> can not stop reception using:
>
>     ifconfig dvb0_0 down
>
> becouse my computer hungs up.
I am using dvbtune and dvbnet too (from the 1.1.1 release), and I do not
see this kind of crash (but I am carefull to kill all the applications
using dvb0_0 before "ifconfig down").

				Luca