Problem with cx88 /dev/input/eventX lirc

Hi,

I have two different DVB cards; a Twinhan VisionPlus DVB and a KWorld VStream XPert.

Both cards are working really well, but I'd like to use the remote control supplied with either of them for use with a mythtv frontend.

When I plug the KWorld remote control receiver into the computer (running FC5), I get dmesg reporting
"input: cx88 IR (KWorld/VStream XPert D as /class/input/input1"

but when I try to cat /dev/event1 (or any other eventX) and send a remote control signal to it, I don't get any output.

I get exactly the same problem when I use the Twinhan remote (which is recognised as a HID keyboard/mouse combined).

Does anybody have any experience with this? Is it possible the remotes are getting disabled somehow?

Thanks,

Jonny