dst - SUCCESS !as: dvb-apps/util/[ca_]zap.c parameter parsing code

Fantastic,

Just to let you know that after about 2 years of trying, I've finally got it all to work, decryption and all in my Mythtv (svn trunk) setup, Twinhan Vp-1030, irdeto 1.09 Cam and legitimate Foxtel irdeto 2 (red) smartcard.

Had limited success a couple of days ago, spent the last 12 hours or so trying to nut out some wierd tuning issues (Was pulling the PAT for the wrong Frequency). Turns out, that I've had my LNB set wrong for the last two years, which is odd, because I have been able to tune successfully to some frequencies. So, the code has possibly been working for ages and I never knew it. Mind you, apparently Foxtel are pulling thier irdeto 2 transmissions early next year, sigh (leaving just thier custom Videoguard encryption transmissions). At least I get 6 months of a working system.

   Anyway, for anyone using Foxtel in Australia set your LNB to 107000 low.

   e.g. szap/scan -l 10700, 10700,10700 or possibly just -l 10700.

or for Myth just set both low and high LNB to 10700, and the switch to whatever you like (1 for e.g.).

Hopefully, if someone googles this, it might save them the year or so of faffing aroud I did.

Alternatively, do you guys want to add another -l constant to dvb-apps -l AUSTRALIA or -l FOXTEL ?

Anyway, fantastic work guys.

Cheers,

Graeme

Manu Abraham wrote:

Graeme Christie wrote:

I'm using Manu's v4l-algo tree with a Twinhan VP-1030.

BTW, it is now all in v4l-dvb. You can just pull in v4l-dvb to get all those changes which were there in v4l-algo.

description about the module parameters,

dst_addons=0x20 for cards that have a CI slot. some cards do needs this parameter, feel free to experiment on the same.

dst_algo=0 (sw algo) is default. In certain cases using hw algo will have a tremendous improvement in tuning speed.

verbose=X controls the verbosity level, using X=5 puts it into debug mode, X=1 or 2 can be used normally depending upon your liking.

Manu