Re: MSI Mega Sky 580

Hi,

I would like to contribute with logs/snoops too, but I have problems compiling usbreplay like mentioned on the webpage in Markus post. I always get this errormessage and have no idea which usb.h usbreplay might want to use. If it helps in finding an answer, I am using an almost vanilla 2.6.17.1 kernel (just a few patches for suspend2, centrino undervolting and internal sd-card reader) on an ubuntu dapper installation:

gcc usbreplay.c -o usbreplay -lusb -lmenu
usbreplay.c:29:17: Fehler: usb.h: No such file or directory

As usbview info for the adapter is also requested here is what usbview reveals for my MSI MEga Sky 580:

DTV USB MINI
Manufacturer: DTV USB MINI
Speed: 480Mb/s (high)
USB Version:  2.00
Device Class: 00(>ifc )
Device Subclass: 00
Device Protocol: 00
Maximum Default Endpoint Size: 64
Number of Configurations: 1
Vendor Id: 0db0
Product Id: 5580
Revision Number:  1.10

Config Number: 1
   Number of Interfaces: 1
   Attributes: c0
   MaxPower Needed:  50mA

   Interface Number: 0
       Name: (none)
       Alternate Number: 0
       Class: ff(vend.)
       Sub Class: 0
       Protocol: 0
       Number of Endpoints: 1

           Endpoint Address: 81
           Direction: in
           Attribute: 1
           Type: Isoc
           Max Packet Size: 0
           Interval: 125us

Regards,
Norbert

Markus Rechberger schrieb:
Hey,

You won't have much luck without a supported tuner...
Could you provide some parsed USBSnoop logs?
http://linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php/USBVideo
Shouldn't be too hard to figure out how this tuner works.

Markus