Re: MSI Mega Sky 580

On Apr 20 2006, Rob Bacon wrote:

Hello,

I bought one of these USB pen DVB tuner a while back and recently decided that I'd like to use this on a linux box. I was wondering if there has been any luck in getting this to work in the past? Google searches have, hoever, turned nothing up.

When I look at the packaging and compare it to the Wideview/Yakumo/etc. type devices, it looks identical in term of remote control and aerial that come with it.

lsusb returns...

Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0db0:5580 Micro Star International

but none of the drivers available in the 2.6.15 kernel seem to recognise it. Cheers,

Rob Bacon

OK, so I've done a bit more research, and having taken the thing apart, I now know that the two ICs in there are

MT352 - Which has been seen in many a DVB-T USB tuner
and
QT1010 - Which is a silicon tuner.

I'm assuming that this means that since the MT352 has already got drivers working for it we could just use those? In which case could someone mention how to add the USB VID & PID codes to the correct module (which I assume would be the dtt200u.ko)?

Cheers
Rob