Freecom DVB-T USB stick & Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Hi folks,

I've borrowed a Freecom DVB-T USB stick from my dad to see if it would work before buying one (I previously had a K-World PCI card which would only tune in BBC1).

I've followed the steps above, got the kernel modules compiled and installed and now the usb stick is detected (seems the firmware had to go in /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware/

Anyway, so far so good, USB stick is detected fine, firmware is loaded, but then I go and look for /dev/dvb* and nothing is found.

I've been tearing my hair out all evening (didn't help with my dad saying "It works fine in Windows"). I can't seem to get udev or whatever it is to create the device nodes for the usb device.

Can anyone explain how I can create these device nodes?!?

I have tried running the dvb.sh script manually which doesn't do anything, I have also modified devfs.rules, udev.rules, 020_permissions.rules to have *dvb* in the files rather than just dvb or dvb*.

If it's any help, I'm running Ubuntu Breezy 5.10 with kernel 2.6.12-10-k7 on an Athlon 64 (nForce3 motherboard).

Ta,

Rob