VP702x is now working

Hi,

finally I was able to find the clue to make the StarBox work .  Sorry for
taking so long, but I was too busy doing other things.

However the VP702x-firmware is not so simple to program - there are a lot
of traps which are very easy to step into - and I took them all. Working
on it can be described as in Indy3 the second exercise in the temple he
gets the Gral: but without knowing how to write "Jehova" .

It took several weekends and since Monday I'm using the box daily with
VDR. No problems so far with Astra 19.2

It can be found here, for all of you who want to test.

http://linuxtv.org/hg/~pb/v4l-dvb.vp702x

Most likely the driver will only deliver data, when you use it together
with the StarBox2: According to Twinhan only with that revision you can
receive the whole TS (so disabling the PID filter). The older revision has
a PID filter of 8 entries - I had some problem when using it with VDR so
this PID filtering mechanism is currently not activated. Everything for
that is inside the vp702x.c - in case someone wants to work on that and
can do something without breaking support for the StarBox2.

I couldn't test diseqc, too, but the code is inside vp702x-fe.c .

The firmware has also changed, during this day I will put the new one to
http://www.thadathil.net/dvb/fw/ .

best regards,
Patrick.

--