Re: Errors compiling from hg snapshot

Am Donnerstag, den 01.06.2006, 11:46 -0300 schrieb Mauro Carvalho
Chehab:
> Em Qua, 2006-05-31 às 18:09 -0700, Trent Piepho escreveu:

> In fact, if you don't select miro pcm20 at make
> menuconfig/xconfig/gconfig, it will update both .config and .myconfig
> files, allowing you to compile kernel without support for those boards
> with just
> 	make

[...] but every sentence is mindful

As I hope to understand now, running "make allmodconfig" only once,
editing .myconfig and setting v4l1 and v4l-compat from := n to := y
and "make" would have enabled it this way too.

Only in case make_noconfig.pl didn't find something valid for it
in .config, v4l1 stayed disabled. This was fixed changing these two
options in the internal media Kconfig from boolean to bool.

Looks much more like an invitation now to learn some on kconfig/kbuild,
than to grumble about all these scripts in case something goes wrong.

Thanks to all who contributed and those who try to further improve this
stunning attempt. Might have a place on the wiki.

Cheers,
Hermann