IR Remote with V-Stream/KWorld DVB cards not have right IR codes....

I have 3 of these identical DVB-T PCI cards -- 2 branded as KWORLD and
  one branded as V-STREAM... (in the UK)...

These appear as:-

"CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 17de:08a6, board: KWorld/VStream XPert
DVB-T [card=14,autodetected]" according to 2.6.16-1-686 kernel
from backports.org package for debian sarge.

Note that the following notes/behaviors are consistent across 2
different systems and different of the seemingly-identical
cards/remotes I have...
-- i.e. an debian/2.6.16-1 kernol and a KnoppMyth R5C6 computer....

Linux kernel supports the reciever and tv works fine etc. ;-).

The cards all come with an IR reciever and remote control which
  where I am having trouble....
The IR input is detected as an input-driver, producing message:-
  "input: cx88 IR (KWorld/VStream XPert D as /class/input/input2".
This works WITHOUT _LIRCD_ -- i.e. is the linuxtv driver in the
  kernel as an input-module and not a lirc-hw-module..

In the kernel source there are 'cx88-input.c' and 'ir-common.c'
  which set the IR-codes used for the various remotes sold
  with the associated cards...
I am finding that (reliably and consistently) the buttons on
  the seemingly-identical supplied remotes do not do the right
  things!

Most buttons have no effect and some buttons work (e.g. as
  up/down/left/right) but using the wrong buttons on the
  remotes!!

Seems to me like the remotes having been changed for a different
  type to those originally supplied.... ?

*  how do I debug this scenario?

*  what information would be helpful to others who can help?

*  How do I 'record' the remote-codes in order to make a new
    IR code table... ?

I will be happy to provide all the information I can..
I would like to see/help this got sorted for all users of
  similar card+remote  ;-).

Comments/help would be most appreciated....

Thankyou in advance,

-- Mysterious 'enyc',  UK/England.