Re: IR Remote with V-Stream/KWorld DVB cards not have right IR codes....

Hi,

On Fri, 2006-05-12 at 15:46 -0700,
enyc-linuxdvb#evtech.org@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > To: enyc-linuxdvb@xxxxxxxxxx
> > > I have 3 of these identical DVB-T PCI cards -- 2 branded as KWORLD and
> > > "CORE cx88[0]: subsystem: 17de:08a6, board: KWorld/VStream XPert
> > > Most buttons have no effect and some buttons work (e.g. as
> > >   up/down/left/right) but using the wrong buttons on the
>
> > I have that same card and the remote works.
> Well does yours mork 'out-of-the-box' in linux ?
>   *with* the buttons working right?? -- i.e. 0-9 on remote
>   match up as-is out-of-the-box  (if so then I think I must
>   have a diggerent remote to you)....

Yeah, the numbers worked and the odd other button.  That's a result of
v4l sending stuff directly into the keypress queue or whatever it's
called.

> -- Else, did you use LIRCD to get things working?

To get the full functionality of the remote I had to use lircd.

> > Don't worry, it took me quite a while to track down this information
> > too.
> ;-)
> > If you need more help, let me know and I can take you through a more
> > detailed series of steps that I took.
> Please let me know what was necessary to reconfigure in your case --
>   particuarly -- do you use through lircd now??

I use SuSE so things may be different for you.

1. edit /etc/sysconfig/lirc

	Set LIRCD_DRIVER="dev/input"
	Set LIRCD_DEVICE="/dev/input/eventX" where X is your remote.

2. start lircd
3. configure your app for use with lirc.

And that should be it.

> Thankyou for your quick response!!

You're welcome.

Soyeb