Re: Unbranded USB DVB device

Hi,

On Fri, 28 Apr 2006, steve lynch wrote:
> Dear All,
>    I have an unbranded USB DVB stick that works fine with the provided
>   software under windows.
>    I wanted to use it to move my Mythtv box from the analogue into the
>   digital era. Trouble is the device is unrecognised. Surprise surprise.
>    Physically it looks identical to the Yakumo stick but has an unknown
>   USB VID/PID the only reported branding is from lsusb which reports the
>   vendor name as "Afatech" ('lsusb' below)
>    Has anyone seen this device? If not would anyone care to rate my
>   chance of success (panic free device driver) simply by doing an
>   initial rebuild of dtt200 module with my cards VID/PID in it?

As already stated this device is not supported yet.

Afaik it is also only USB1.1 and if you want to use it with a more
sophisticated application (like VDR or mythTV) you will get problem.

There are plenty of USB2.0 devices around and supported by linux-dvb. For
more info please check the wiki.

regards,
Patrick.

--