Re: idea on how to break the static dependencies on demodulator modules

On Thu, May 04, 2006, Trent Piepho wrote:
> I posted my patch on lkml, but no one responded.  I'm not a kernel developer,
> so that's not too surprising.  I doubt anyone who cares about the symbol_xxx
> code in the kernel even read it.  I'm used to it.  My patch to fix the broken
> makefile to this list was totally ignored too.

There is just one important rule when posting to lkml: Cc the right
people! I.e. look in MAINTAINERS who might be responsible. Or if
some patch broke something, Cc: the patch author. And Cc
akpm all the time -- he does very good book keeping and is
unlikely to lose any patches.

lkml has too much traffic, most people just skip over the
postings and are likely to miss something.

If you don't get responses, just repost (maybe with more
people Cc'ed).

> Maybe if someone else better
> known posted my patch, it would get attention.

I think this is totally irrelevant.

Johannes