Re: Unbranded USB DVB device afatech af9005

steve lynch wrote:

Dear All,
I have an unbranded USB DVB stick that works fine with the provided software under windows. I wanted to use it to move my Mythtv box from the analogue into the digital era. Trouble is the device is unrecognised. Surprise surprise. Physically it looks identical to the Yakumo stick but has an unknown USB VID/PID the only reported branding is from lsusb which reports the vendor name as "Afatech" ('lsusb' below) Has anyone seen this device? If not would anyone care to rate my chance of success (panic free device driver) simply by doing an initial rebuild of dtt200 module with my cards VID/PID in it? - steve Bus 001 Device 002: ID 15a4:9020
Device Descriptor:
  bLength                18
  bDescriptorType         1
  bcdUSB               1.10
  bDeviceClass          255 Vendor Specific Class
  bDeviceSubClass       255 Vendor Specific Subclass
  bDeviceProtocol       255 Vendor Specific Protocol
  bMaxPacketSize0        16
  idVendor           0x15a4
  idProduct          0x9020
  bcdDevice            1.00
  iManufacturer           1 Afatech
  iProduct                2 DVBT

This is the only device yet with Afatech 9005 (see www.bttv-gallery.de)
This is not supported yet.

You can ask the vendor if he releases the required information or will procide
an open source driver

Gunther