Re: Can't find dvb0_0 when using dvbtune Partial Success

Christian Prähauser wrote:
> James A Vincent wrote:
>
>> Christian Prähauser wrote:

>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> Thanks for the reply. I tried your first suggestion -
>>
>> root@bumpkin podcast # dvbnet -a 0  -p 512
>>
>> DVB Network Interface Manager
>> Version 1.1.0-TVF (Build Fri Nov 25 21:10:43 2005)
>> Copyright (C) 2003, TV Files S.p.A
>>
>> Device: /dev/dvb/adapter0/net0
>> Error: couldn't add interface for pid 512: 22 Invalid argument.
>>

>> Any further ideas ?
>>

> As i see it, this msg can only be caused if the dvb driver (dvb_core)
> cannot allocate further interface numbers.
> Can you issue the following and post the output (if any):
>    dvbnet -l
>
> and then also
>    dvbnet -v
>
> Also check any messages from the driver in /var/log/messages
>
> Regards,
> Christian

Christian,

I re-emerged the dvbnet (dvb-apps) package in Gentoo to a more recent
release (Build Fri Apr 21 12:56:22 2006).

The dvbnet command now creates dvb0_0.

I have managed to tune to a transponder using dvbtune, but I didn't see
any data on dvb0_0 when using ifconfig.

Can you suggest a procedure so I can see the ip data received with
something like tcpdump ? This would hopefully prove that I have
configured everything correctly.

Thanks,

James