Re: Can't find dvb0_0 when using dvbtune

Hello James!

James A Vincent wrote:

I am having problems in using dvbtune for ip over satellite using Linux
version 2.6.5-gentoo-r1 and a Skystar2 card.  I can use the card for dvb
tv reception with mplayer and Kaffeine with no problems.

However I cannot seem to use the card for data !
1. Try
dvbnet -a 0  -p <PID>

<PID> names the TS logical channel on which data is sent using MPE encapsulation
This should result in

If this step fails, the error message (if any) would be helpful.

2. Then do (with <IPADDR> being optional)
ifconfig dvb0_0 <IPADDR>

You should see a few lines with information about you dvb net interface.

3. start up your favorite tuner tool (e.g. dvbtune) and keep it running.

You should now be able to receive data via the dvb0_0 interface.
Use
   tcpdump -i dvb0_0
for testing if you are able to receive data.

Maybe that helps.
Christian.