Re: Adding a NTSC switch.

> Also, you can use mplayer to get the firmware into
> NTSC mode before you start VDR. The driver patch just prevents the firmware from
> jumping to PAL once it gets an initial lock onto a NTSC signal.  It would sure
> be nice thought to have two versions of the FW.. one that defaults directly to NTSC.

Hm - just run
v4lctl setnorm ntsc
after loading the drivers.

(v4lctl is shipped with the xawtv package.)

Do we really need a module parameter for that?

That begs to ask, should we have to install a package (xawtv) we don't normally use just for something that could easily be remedied with an additional parameter?  I honestly don't see why this issue hasn't been resolved yet.  Implementing a fix could be simple, short & sweet and can't think of any good reason not to do it.  I've been told it's because most of the coders are PAL and don't really care.  Hopefully that's just a rumor.

Cheers!