Re: Adding a NTSC switch.

VDR User wrote:
> I was told the guys who code the Nexus-S firmware are on this list and I
> should post my suggestion here...
>
> Are there any plans to add an option to the firmware to have it start up in
> or default to NTSC mode?  There are many NTSC users who output to tv rather
> than a computer monitor and it's hard to configure things when all you can
> see is a rolling screen.  I'm suprised this issue hasn't been addressed
> already!
>
> Thanks!

I proposed a patch last week which gives users a switch for the drivers, but
have not heard any response. Also, you can use mplayer to get the firmware into
NTSC mode before you start VDR. The driver patch just prevents the firmware from
jumping to PAL once it gets an initial lock onto a NTSC signal.  It would sure
be nice thought to have two versions of the FW.. one that defaults directly to NTSC.

Best Regards,