Re: Kworld DVB-S 100 not setting up /dev/dvb

Todd wrote:
I am having the same issue. Was there a resolution to this? I am running Linux Kernel 2.6.16. The other interfaces are connect up (Video0/1 and VBI 0).

Yes, I answered in another thread, sorry.

I had built the kernel as a single unit, with "y" instead of "m" for all the options. But the DVB
part MUST be in modules, otherwise the /dev/dvb entries never get built.

CONFIG_VIDEO_CX88_DVB=m
CONFIG_DVB_CORE=m
CONFIG_DVB_CX24123=m
CONFIG_VIDEO_BUF_DVB=m

The lsmod command shows the following:
root@default:~# lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
cx88_dvb                3884  -
video_buf_dvb           4268  -
dvb_core               65992  -
cx24123                 7788  -
root@default:~#

I hope that sometime soon this would be fixed so that these modules can again be part of the kernel.