Re: Forcing SW tuning on the DST cards

On 3/10/06, Michael Krufky <mkrufky@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Luis Ochoa wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Judging by what I've been reading, all the drivers have default as SW
> > tuning except the DST cards that have HW as default.
> >
> > By reading around, and by my own personal experience, at least on my
> > card (Chaintech DigiTOP DST-1000), tuning is not working too well for
> > me with the latest mercurial (sometimes it tunes, others not,
> > especially when I'm sending a 22khz signal to switch LNBs).
> >
> > I read another thread where Manu provides a link to his personal
> > development tree (I suppose), and by passing dst_algo=0 to the dst
> > module, I get the card to tune reliably every time.
> >
> > Now, my problem is I _need_ the mercurial tree for another board that
> > was added (genpix) and whose patches don't compile against Manu's
> > tree. Now this is my Question: can anybody give me a pointer on where
> > to look so that I can modify/compile the current mercurial so that I
> > can make the DST tuning algo being SW by default like the rest of the
> > cards?.
> >
> > Thanks for your help.
> > Luis.
> hg clone http://path.to/first/tree
>
> cd {tree}
>
> hg pull -u http://path.to/second/tree
>
> hg update -m
>
> make && sudo make install
>
> Hope this helps!
>
> --
> Michael Krufky

Thanks, here's what I did.

[mythtv@mythtv-family ~]$ cd v4l-dvb
[mythtv@mythtv-family v4l-dvb]$ hg pull -u
http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgw
                                           ebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test
pulling from http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test
searching for changes
warning: pulling from an unrelated repository!
adding changesets
adding manifests
adding file changes
added 41 changesets with 427 changes to 454 files (+2 heads)
this update spans a branch affecting the following files:
 Makefile (resolve)
 README.CVS
 README.patches (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/README.dvb-usb (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/README.flexcop (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/avermedia.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/cards.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/ci.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/contributors.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/faq.txt (resolve)
 linux/Documentation/dvb/get_dvb_firmware (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-main.c (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-sysfs.c (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-tuner.c (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-tuner.h (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-v4l2.c (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-version.h
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-video-v4l.c (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-video-v4l.h (resolve)
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-video.c
 v4l_experimental/pvrusb2/pvrusb2-video.h
 v4l_experimental/rds-saa6588.c (resolve)
aborting update spanning branches!
(use update -m to merge across branches or -C to lose changes)

[mythtv@mythtv-family v4l-dvb]$ hg update -m
abort: outstanding uncommited changes

so, does this look like the right output?

Manu, is (http://thadathil.net:8000/cgi-bin/hgwebdir.cgi/v4l-algo-test)
the right place to pull your changes from?

Thanks!
Luis.