Re: Pinnacle 300i (working!)

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Mike Ferenduros wrote:

Hi guys,

I have been off the net from Friday due to modem troubles, so could not
help. :-(

[...]
Hi Tim, the card works here with 2.6.16_rc1 setting if2 manually on
mt20xx.c, but mplayer only plays video for 1 or 2 seconds, which seems
to me the same bug that 2.6.12 has when the June snapshot is not used.

Hi José/Tim/list,

On my machine, after an hour or two of use, the card's performance
improves a *lot*. When I booted up today, I was getting the same
problems you describe, (no channel worked for more than a few seconds
in mplayer). 2-3 hours later I'm getting perfect playback, using a
very crappy desktop aerial.

Tim, the only change I made was in mt20xx.c,
from: if (V4L2_TUNER_DIGITAL_TV == t->mode) {
to: if (1) {
That, and making sure to load tda9887 before tuner.

Mike I'll try that on my 2.6.14 kernel today. Gcc is currently digging
it's way through the source code...

Cheers,
Mike Ferenduros

Regards,