[linux-dvb] Firedtv.

Jouke Hofman wrote:

> As some may have noticed in the irc channel I have got a FloppyDTV
> (wich is the same as the FireDTV). Ofcourse there aren't linux drivers
> available. However my reseller told me that digital-everywhere already
> made support for the 2.6.6 kernel and that he got the source of it. I
> was trying to get it compiled but it doesn't work for me. I asked the
> reseller if I could post the source here and he told me it was ok. You
> can find it here:
>
> http://reym.student.utwente.nl/firedtv/

I've pushed the code into the v4l_experimental section of our Mercurial
repository.  From there, we can take a look at it, and fix it up for
compatability with newer kernels.

I've marked the code as being authored by Andreas Monitzer (cc added).

Andreas, if you have any updates to this driver, please feel free to
submit patches.  If you are hosting a newer version of it elsewhere,
please keep us informed, so that we can have this added to a future kernel.

Jouke, I will email you again to let you know when it is ready to be tested.

Thank you for submitting this.

Cheers,

Michael Krufky