[linux-dvb] WinTV-Nova-T: cx8802_restart_queue

Michael Carter wrote:

> Hi,
> I've recently installed a Hauppauge WinTV Nova-T DVB (the newer 90002
> model with the Conexant chipset) card into my machine, successfully
> loaded the driver module and tuned in to a channel through the normal
> scan/tzap method.
>
> However, when I play the stream in Xine or MPlayer the picture is
> extremely jerky and choppy, as is the audio stream.
>
> MPlayer outputs a 'Your system is too SLOW to play this' message, but
> I would have thought it was more than capable of playing this (AMD
> Sempron 2300, 512Mb RAM, Abit VA-20 Socket A VIA KM400A chipset).
> Neither CPU or RAM utilisation during streaming go above 25%!

Have you tried giving the " -framedrop" option to mplayer?  you may also
want to try " -cache 8192" ... or maybe make it larger than 8192 ...
Sometimes I use a buffer of size 65536 on really slow machines.

-framedrop should help.

...I hope this does. :-)

--
Michael Krufky