[linux-dvb] MSI Digivox Mini

Patrick Boettcher wrote:
> Hi Philip,
>
> On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Philip Lawatsch wrote:
>>> could you provide a hires photo of your PCB board?
>>> What DVB-T decoder is used on that board?
>>
>> http://waug.at/dvb/other-try.jpg
>>
>> Please be nice to the server, it's on a 1mbit uplink.
>>
>> The quality is, well, not so good, but at least most (all) things are
>> readable.
>>
>> I can also provide a scan of the backside if you want, but there is
>> nothing too interesting there.
>
> Oha. There is no EMPIA USB controller on it, but the Cypress FX2. Your
> stick does belong to this category:
> http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DiBcom_USB2.0_DVB-T_devices_.28based_on_the_DiB3000M-C.2FP.29

Sigh, I was afraid getting support for it would not be that easy.

> The strange thing is, that this stick seems to use DiB3000MC not the P
> model, which is cheaper and does not consume so much power.

Well, I'm not sure about this.
First of all, There was a pretty huge sticker on the chip which I had to
take off, so I _might_ have wiped some of the text.

And, regarding power consumption, I can literally burn my hand when this
thing is used. It gets _really_ hot.

> Can you try to make the dibusb-mc.c module claim this device, to see the
> real revision of the Chip?

I'm recompiling now, I hope I patched it correctly.

> However, as there is not mt2060-tuner-driver currently, it will not
> work, but you can ask the vendor of the stick and/or Microtune if they
> are willing to provide Linux-Drivers.

Yea, right.
Would some sniffed usb traffic help?

kind regards Philip