[linux-dvb] MSI Digivox Mini

Hi Philip,

On Fri, 27 Jan 2006, Philip Lawatsch wrote:
>> could you provide a hires photo of your PCB board?
>> What DVB-T decoder is used on that board?
>
> http://waug.at/dvb/other-try.jpg
>
> Please be nice to the server, it's on a 1mbit uplink.
>
> The quality is, well, not so good, but at least most (all) things are
> readable.
>
> I can also provide a scan of the backside if you want, but there is nothing
> too interesting there.

Oha. There is no EMPIA USB controller on it, but the Cypress FX2. Your
stick does belong to this category:
http://www.linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/DVB_USB#DiBcom_USB2.0_DVB-T_devices_.28based_on_the_DiB3000M-C.2FP.29

The strange thing is, that this stick seems to use DiB3000MC not the P
model, which is cheaper and does not consume so much power.

Can you try to make the dibusb-mc.c module claim this device, to see the
real revision of the Chip?

However, as there is not mt2060-tuner-driver currently, it will not work,
but you can ask the vendor of the stick and/or Microtune if they are
willing to provide Linux-Drivers.

best regards,
Patrick.

--