[linux-dvb] DBV on the Lifeview Trio

Hi, Nico

Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>
>> Hi, Nico
>>
>> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>> today I was given a Trio in exchange of my broken Duo.
>>> I noticed that the DVB part on the Lifeview Trio "works" (so to say,
>>> I still haven't gotten
>>> anything to tune, even in windows) with the config of the tiger board
>>> with the exception that it responds at address 0x12, so I changed the
>>> demod_addr to 0x9
>>> in struct tda1004x_config philips_tiger_config.
>>>
>>> I'll keep my finger crossed (wasn't this 8275A supposed to be better,
>>> rather than worse,
>>> than its elder brother?)
>>>

> Hi Hartmutt,
>
>> The 8275a *is* significantly better - at least from my experience.
>> But there can be a ton of reasons why your board doesn't work yet.
>> I have a recent Lifeview design here (cardbus, hybrid). On this board,
>> almost everything is different from what we are used to so far.
>>
>> - Does this board have 2 tda8275a?
>

> yes
>
>> - Does the DSP boot its firmware (guess not)?
>

> no:
> DVB: registering new adapter (saa7133[0]).
> DVB: registering frontend 2 (Philips TDA10046H DVB-T)...
> tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
> tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok
>

>> - Is I2C communication smooth?
>

> uhm, how can I know it? do I need to pass some parameter to saa7134 ?
>
>> - Does the board have radio?
>

> yes, I see that radio and kradio found some stations, but I still
> haven't found a way to listen to them
> (maybe a problem with the mixer)
>
>> If yes, how does the board switch the AGC?
>

> I wish I knew the answer :)
>

>> You see, we need to clarify many issues.
>>
>> Best regards
>>    Hartmut
>>

> well, yes, but what scares me is that not even the software for windows
> bundled with the card
> tunes any DVB channel. Won't this tuner be broken, too?

I noticed is that it sometimes very difficult to replace a saa713x windows
driver. The Lifeview drive is not compatible with the Philips driver and
for some reason, a install doesnt replace it. I can imagine that this
also is the case when you try to replace lifeview to lifeview.
But i am not a windows expert...

Hartmut